We want to encourage participation in theatre (both generally and with 2nd Star), reward students who are actively involved in our company, and foster a life-long appreciation for and support of community theatre.
2nd Star is proud to offer a new scholarship program. Applicants must:
- Earn a high-school diploma or equivalent by the end of the current academic year
- Be preparing for full-time college, part-time college, or a trade school
- Have a record of participation in 2nd Star’s productions
The scholarship is a one-time $500 check for the student to use on education expenses. We know education is expensive. This money is meant to buy books, or dance shoes, or go towards room and board – wherever it’s needed.
Applications will be available on the website in November. Applications will be accepted in January, and must be submitted by midnight, February 1st. Scan your application and email it to the Board, with the subject “2021 Scholarship Application.”
The application requires:
- A completed and signed application form (available below.)
- A Theatre and Education resume, including awards, extra-curricular activities, and involvement with 2nd Star
- A typed personal statement, up to 300 words, on “What community theatre has meant to me.”
- Applicants do not need to be majoring or minoring in theatre to be eligible.